Corporate Governance is concerned with the design of leadership and control structures in an organization. Against this background, we focus on the influence of selected leadership and control mechanisms on the actions and decision-making of top managers in a number of our projects. Additionally, we include behavioral aspects such as power, social network relationships, and individual characteristics of top decision makers in our research.
Corporate Governance also focuses on the relationship between a company’s owners, its top managers, and its regulatory body. In this regard, we are interested in the effect of ownership for company-internal and –external shareholders.
Selected research topics are:
- Top management compensation: Development and consequences
- Social network relationships and social capital of the corporate elite
- Interactions between managers, directors, and owners
- Identity and identification in the organizational context
- Management and governance systems in a global world